Monday 23 December 2013

PC1 writing task

Apparently I have forgotten to publish the correction of my writing task from PC1...

Studying at the Department of Translation can be very challenging. Many of us are now far away from our family and most of our friends for the first time. In addition to the self-consciousness this causes, like many others I was not prepared for the vast differences between school and university. The mass of information I was given in every course overwhelmed me at first. When I finally thought I had found a way of dealing with all the information – and studying it – we got back out first piece of homework. The bad marks we were given seemed devastating and I realised that I needed to work even harder. With PC1 coming closer, I decided to study English for an hour every day. This did not seem difficult to manage until I became aware of the fact that I must not lose track of the other subjects. I now try to revise less recent subjects and learn the new ones after every course, not only in English, but in all my courses. It is a challenge which requires a great deal of commitment and self-motivation, but one I am more than willing to take on.

No comments:

Post a Comment